Friday, January 16, 2009

So far behind

I'm back but way behind on everything! We are all moved in to the new home and I couldn't be happier with it. We had so much help unloading the PODS that it went quickly and we had a good time for Scott's Birthday get together. Thank you all again.

Now the unpacking has begun but I don't see an end in sight for quite some time. I have been trying to find a home for everything we own but a lot of it just doesn't fit anywhere. Hello consignment shops. Some rooms already look like we have lived here much longer. The garage is filled with unpacked crates, tubs and boxes. Projects to be done and pictures to be hung. Sometimes when I look at what is ahead, I want to scream.

To top everything off, I have to drive to Arlington 5 times a week to do the show I am in. I could kill Scott for talking me into doing this part. It's all of 12 lines and That happens at the end of the second act. It's a 3 act show and I sit back stage going nuts. The drive to the theater is an hour long and I get home around 11:30 at night. Yes, it's a professional theater but NO it it not worth all the driving, waiting and dealing with diva's. There have been a few fun people in the cast, like the two younger kids and the other doctor but for the most part it is probably the most unsocialble cast I have ever dealt with. I don't think I'll even go to the cast party.

Also coming up next week is Scott's peration. I know I didn't say anything earlier but remember I have been off line and moving. The doctor's have found another lump and are going to remove it next week. They seem to all think that it is not cancerous and should be no problem in the future. Let's hope so!

My friend and ex, Jim, on the other hand, will not be winning his fight with cancer. I have been helping him get his apartment in order so that he can move in with his daughter before he gets too sick. I'm selling some of his items on eBay for him. I wish I could do more.

I will not be adding anything to the My Life segment this entry. Look for more of that next time. A special thank you to Cathy for her support.

Love & Peace,

Clayton

No comments: