Thursday, May 1, 2008

Here We Go Again

I took Scott to the hospital again this morning. By the time we got there he had a temperature of 103.8 and could barely move. He was dehydrated and they hooked him up to an IV again. He is now doing better with a normal temperature. It seems that when he finishes with chemo he gets ill again. I don't understand it and just hope the doctor's know what the hell they are doing. He is going to beat this!

I also went an AA meeting last night for the first time in 9 months. No, I did not feel like drinking and I haven't touched a drink for over 7.5 years. I just needed to vent and talk out loud and see other people with problems. It did make me feel a little better but not as much as I hoped. I can't get into it because it is anonymous you know.

So today I have also been running errands and trying to get some work done. I had Scott's car inspected, did his banking and went to the post office. Made lunch, took pictures and watched Brooke get kicked off American Idol. I would rather see David Archuletta go home. He is not as talented as the rest and is getting on my last nerve with his smile and hand scoops.

My life: Still in the 9th grade. I think this is a 100 chapter version of my life. I love to exaggerate! Anyway, I used to also sneak into my parents liquor cabinet and take a little bit of liquor from each bottle and fill my own bottles. I would also refill theirs with water if I took more than usual. One time at school i had two small bottles of booze in my top pocket and was running down the halls of the school to get to a class when both bottle flew out of my pocket and went crashing to the floor in a huge explosion. I remember it like it was yesterday. It seemed to happen in slow motion. The thought of losing the precious liquid was so overwhelming I didn't even think about what anyone else would say. When the bottles broke and the concoction went all over the place it happened to also hit a teacher. The teacher grabbed me and took me to the principals office. I told the principle that I had no idea where the bottles came from and they were in the hall when I kicked them by accident. There was no proof that they were mine since no one saw them fly out my pocket. The principal called my mother to the office and when she got there he told her that I was going to be suspended for a few days. My mother laughed at him and told him that, that was exactly what I wanted and it would be better punishment if he kept me in school and kept an eye on me. She knew me too well sometimes. I was NOT suspended and they didn't even keep an eye on me.

Many times during the year I would also go to the Burger King right down the street and hang out there. I would always get extra onions, pickles and lettuce on my burger so it would be much bigger than usual and I could eat 2 of them at a time.

I started to grow my hair then too. That was the year I met the "Freaks" as we were called. We were the ones that wore the long coats, grew long hair, smoked dope and did drugs. We skipped school, smoked cigarettes in the lounge and loved bands like Led Zeppelin, Steppenwolf, Santana, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper and Jethro Tull. I actually saw Tull that year. I was so tripping on acid that I can only remember Ian singing Aqualung. I also went to see Alice Cooper 3 different times. He had a show, not just a concert. And, I won 2 tickets to see The Beach Boys. I didn't find a date so I sold one of the tickets, went by myself and hated it! I won the tickets by guessing how many gumballs were in a jar. I was one off. I think I saw Chicago perform that year too and didn't much care for them either.

That was the year I ran away from home for the first time too. That will be in my next chapter.

I have to get back to work now. I have some listings to do, more pictures to take and I have to look over my script for the show I am in. More on that later too. I am so looking forward to just resting and doing nothing sometime soon. I wish I knew a way to win an all expense paid vacation. LOL Maybe I'll buy a 5.00 lottery ticket. That is a big splurge for me. So until next time boys and girls, live simply and give more.

Peace & Love,
Clayton

Oh, I am looking to post some pictures of my family and me when I figure out how to copy the DVD I have of all the 8mm films from growing up. I can't seem to copy it to my computer and Scott is too ill to try to figure it out.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Did Scott have to stay the night? You are right he will beat this, all the trials in-between just suck though...

I never did drugs in high school, but we definitely have the same taste in music (I guess I could have been the natural high freak)!! :)