Sunday, June 1, 2008

It has Begun

I hope everyone got to read Scott's blog. He has a brilliant idea about a charity and personally I think it rocks. We are a society that thinks money fixes everything when in actuality it doesn't. It helps us survive by providing the essentials in life. Many times those who are unfortunate because of circumstances like cancer have to go without the little things that make life more enjoyable.

Here is a list of things I came up with for Scott's charity. Dog Grooming and people haircuts for caregivers. Washing the car, cutting the grass (yard work), cleaning a room or house, watching a movie with each other, massages, errands like picking up meds or post office. So many things one could volunteer for. As soon as I know what I can do to help, I am signing up! With all the help we received since Scott became ill, I know I want to give back. Like that movie "Pay It Forward".

I don't have much time and I have to get to rehearsal:

Rehearsals have begun. Bear Beach is off the ground. It is a musical in the genre of Beach Blanket Bingo meets the Bermuda Triangle meets the Gay Bear community. It is already being advertised in "Bears Life" Magazine and will be filmed for the LOGO channel in early July.

I had no idea this was going to be as big as it already is. I just went to the audition to have fun. Now I have 5 roles that include dancing and singing. My poor legs!

Umbrella's here I come.

Love & Peace,

Clayton

2 comments:

Katy said...

You guys are great!! When you get it up and rolling, let us know where to sign up.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Clayton! Finding a way to harness all the little talents and abilities and acts of service is not only a heart-warming idea, it's intelligent and practical. Vacuuming for the greater good! Dogwalkers unite in a fight against cancer! Mow the grass and kick some cancer ass! Woo!