Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's Been A Week


Time has flown by this week. When I get wrapped up in rehearsals there's not much time left for other things. I'm having a hard time learning some of the music from the show and it's going to be a real challenge for me. I just hope I don't disappoint. I'm giving it my all and Scott says I sound good and have very good musicality. If I could add sound this site I would have added a piece that we taped during rehearsal.


Scott seems to have hurt his rib or something where they are giving him the radiation treatment. I'd be doing something and out of no where I hear "OW". He moved wrong again. I took him to rehearsal with me on Saturday so he didn't have to be alone at home. 4 more days of treatment and it's over! Let's just pray it stays gone and he does not have to go through this again.


It is already hot out and getting hotter. Yesterday was so stuffy we couldn't breathe outside. The worse the weather gets, the more I go GREEN. I have been recycling for years. Today, though, I use reusable grocery bags, give stuff away on free cycle, pick up used packing peanuts from others and even have a GREEN glass cleaner. I'm sure I'll be doing more to help the environment in the future. Add a little at a time and it becomes habit. I'm still not smoking since I quit in October and don't want to smoke. After 35 years, that a big accomplishment.


My Life: Last time I wrote I was in the 10th Grade. Menchville High School was brand new. It had a smoking lounge for the students and one for the teachers. Two cafeterias, huge sports field and locker rooms and gym. Nice big theater and large classrooms. I began to appreciate school that year for the first time since I was a little kid. I enrolled in Drama and my teachers name was Joyce Spencer. One of the few teachers names I remember.


My first exercise in Drama Class was to say one sentence 3 different ways. My sentence was "Did you throw that brick through the window?" I did ok but not as good as the guy who did "It's Dead". That was the beginning. I was hooked. The first year the class put on "The Miracle Worker" about Helen Keller and Anne Sullivan. I auditioned for one of the male parts and was not cast. I was so upset over not getting a role that I went to the community theater in Fort Eustis and auditioned for them. They were doing a Musical called "The Apple Tree" and I got cast in multiple roles. My first show!


That year molded me a lot to who I am today. I became popular with the regular kids and even some of the black students. There were no such things as African Americans back then. I really came out of my shell and it was easy for me to talk to anyone. I definitely would recommend Drama Class to all kids. Whether it be on stage or behind the scenes.


Taking drama took away much of the Drama in my real life. I still did all the things I had done before but not as excessive, or so I thought. I graduated 10th grade with B's mostly. 11th grade I did better and was in one of the hardest roles ever for me to perform......... Next time


Today I have eBay, yard work, pictures and celebrating John A. Birthday. If there is drama today, make it fun drama!


Peace & Love

Clayton

No comments: