Friday, June 20, 2008

My Life

I have errands to run. Scott will be coming home tomorrow, eBay is falling behind because I was sick yesterday and rehearsals are in full swing. I have to at least try to make the house look good.

One note before I go into my life. I have found that most people are good. The last entry was an exception to the rule. Someone really pushed my buttons and I went off. I am so blessed to have the most wonderful people in my life right now. Please live life to the fullest everyday.I love you all! Now, on with the show. LOL

My Life: So drama class was my next big adventure in my life and I started auditioning for more roles. The school decided to to do 3 one act plays in one night. I auditioned to be in the one called "Dope". It was about a drug user and dealer who tried to keep his sister from taking drugs. I got the lead!!!! The role was very difficult because my character "Louie" had to shoot up on stage, slow motion fight, slap his sister, go through withdrawals and then got shot and died in the end. I had already known about drugs but not to that extent. I did research on withdrawals and found out how bad it really could get for a person. Not easy to portray on stage but I felt I pulled it off.

One of the performances that my sister was at became legendary in my family history. She was watching the show and when I got shot she stood up and screamed "They Shot my brother". I think that was also the night that I almost knocked out the actress who played my sister on stage. I slapped her so hard she almost passed out. I really got into the role.

The show won me all the awards there were to be won at the school. I also won best talent in the eastern part of Virginia. I took the death scene to the state competition and didn't place. Some guy playing folk music on the guitar won.

From that show on, I auditioned for everything! I usually got cast in the lead roles. I was going to be Henry Higgins in "My Fair Lady" but a senior told the director that was the only role he would take and he was the only other guy that was talented enough to do the role. That was ok because I enjoyed playing "Pickering" and won awards for that too.

I starred in "Albert's Bridge" and "The Thwarting of Baron Bolligrew" at the community theater. I thought for sure I was destined to be a star. I so couldn't wait to graduate high school and go to "The New York Academy Of Dramatic Arts". The problem was I didn't have the money for the tuition. No one ever told me about scholarships and my parents wouldn't help me. They focused more on my sister than any of the boys. I guess I was just a big pain in the ass to them. That's how I felt anyway. So, I had to try to make it on my own.

11th and12th grades were good to me in high school. I went to both proms. Had A's and B's (except in Government). During the 12th grade I only went to school for 3 classes and then off to work. It was a program back then that allowed work to count as class time. I loved it!

I also had an affair with a 35 yo that last year....

Love & Peace,

Clayton

2 comments:

Susan said...

And how long has it been since you posted? I love to hear about your life, get on it!

Susan said...

And what was the surprise you had for Scott when he returned home?

Sorry Katy picked a goofy picture of me! It's all about my craze for rings!