Sunday, February 22, 2009

Offers From All Around

My Life: I was getting letters everyday from the ad in the singles magazine. I had offers from California to Michigan to Florida. I responded to every single one of them. I was determined to find Mr. Right. Some of them I had to respond with a thanks but no thanks.

Most of them became pen pals. (I was cleaning out a box yesterday and came across some of the letters I had saved. Talk about timing). One guy really stood out. His name was Ken Proctor and he lived in Ocala Florida. He sent me a picture of him riding a horse on his farm. Quite handsome and really made me curious. He told me he was 42, divorced with a 7 year old son. We wrote back and forth for a month or so and I was starting to fall for him.

At the art gallery, Mitch had given me more responsibilites because he had opened another gallery in Duck, N.C. where he went most days. I was in charge of the main gallery: ordering prints, I framed pictures for sale, chose framing outlines for customers and ran the gallery during the day. Here were milllions of dollars worth of art in my hands. That's how much this guy trusted me.

We had dinner almost every night and then played games with the kids before I went to my night job or bowling league. Deep inside I wanted companionship.

I had written to Ken and told him I was HIV+. Ken sent me a letter and asked me to come visit. So, I asked Mitch if I could take my first vacation. Not only did Mitch say yes, but he paid for the plane ticket. He sent me off with good wishes.

At the airport I was sent to the wrong gate and missed the flight. I complained to the airline and they put me on a different flight and upgraded me to first class. Mistake number one! My first time flying first class...free drinks. I didn't know how to say no to free alcohol. By the time we landed I was a bit tipsy.

Ken picked me up at the airport and I told him I had a few to drink and he was fine with that. he was a little heavier than what he looked in the picture. He looked a little older than 42 too. I told myself to give him a chance. We drove out to his home and we talked and drank vodka. His mother lived close by as well as his sister and her family. His son lived with him on weekends and his ex wife was a lesbian and an alcoholic. He had 3 trailor homes and rented them out. He had cows, horses, chickens and a turkey on his mothers farm. We drank vodka. He didn't have a job that he was paid regularly for. The farm, the rentals and family took up all his time. We drank vodka. He finally told me that he was 50 years old and that he lied because he thought I wouldn't like an older man. First time meeting and already a lie. I should have known. We had sex....

That's all for now. I have to get ready for my movie audition. I got a call last night from P&J films in Maryland. They love my look and are interested in giving me the lead in a horror film that's being promoted by Rob Zombie, Robert Englund and Quinten Tarantino. It's a paid gig and professional. Should be interesting.

Love & Peace,

Clayton

No comments: