Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Bloody Mess


Good morning. Scott is coming home from the hospital today so I have to go pick him up around 1:00 PM. I was supposed to go to my job this morning but just was not up to it. I am so far behind in everything that I called B and told her to go back to bed. Yesterday while I was packing up items for eBay, I was cutting a cardboard box. Yup, I slipped and sliced open my left thumb right where it meets the palm. Blood was everywhere. Luckily, I knew where all the gauze was and cleaned and dressed the wound. I didn't panic in the least bit and it really didn't hurt that bad. I do have a high tolerance for pain. Anyway, after cleaning the blood up, I finished the packing for shipping. I then went to the post office, a video store to pick up some DVD's of my family and then to NIH to visit Scott.


While I was at NIH, a nurse looked at my wound and told me I should go to a hospital. I left Scott and went to Arlington Hospital emergency room and had 4 stitches installed. Lost another 3 hours doing that, which set my schedule back on eBay and work around the home.
The mink stole fur was in the unit and up for sale on eBay. Just a sample of what I do on eBay.


All the rain the past few days set me back too. I have all this stuff that I have to do outdoors and couldn't. I finally finished cleaning out the storage unit and there is stuff everywhere. A lot of it will be trashed. I can't believe all the nasty clothes they saved. I even had a dream about the socks last night. The woman had come to me and asked if she could have her bag of socks. I told her they were skanky and I threw them away. So, Lots more clothes to go through.


My Life: I really hated my first year in high school. When I was in the 8th grade I was going through that strange change in a boys life. hair was growing everywhere and I had pimples the size of quarters all over my face and back. Sometimes an occasional one on my butt! I still have the scars as you can see when you look at me. Thank god the ones on my butt didn't scar. I was teased by my first locker partner. He was the bully of the school. I remember I had bought the LP "The Guess Who" and put it in my locker. He stole it and of course denied taking it. He also threatened to beat me up everyday. I did well with my grades and all just not to good with kid skills that year.


I started hanging out at the roller rink. I would get stoned and roller skate. It was like being free. One night the bully was there and he came up behind me without me knowing it and he threw me into the wall. My head hit the wall and I passed out. He then began to beat the living s___ out of me. I didn't feel a thing. I woke up in a police car and they drove me home. My mother saw the blood and swelling on my face and just accused me of being on drugs. She didn't believe me when I told her about the bully. My 2 older brothers found out what happened and asked everyone who the guy was. When they found out they went looking for him. It seems the bully found out they were looking for him and ran away from home. I never saw or heard from him again. I was so proud to have my brothers!


Things began to spiral after all that. I would still go to the bowling alley and get stoned and drunk. No one noticed. I learned how to socialize with other kids and it was this period of time when I started to hang out with the bad kids. Heck, I was one of them! Not much else happened that I remember during the 8th grade. The next year was probably the most insane year I had in school. I'll write about that next time.


So, now I have to go clean out the patio a little. Put some things away in the bedroom & living room and take some pictures for eBay. Go to the post office and then pick up Scott. Then back to eBay and start selling some more, plan and cook dinner, take care of the dogs and Scott, do the dishes and if I have any time left, see a play that a friend of mine is in at Gunston. It's a pay what you can show and it got great reviews. I forget the name of it right now.


Scott better look out when he gets better. LOL


Love & Peace,

Clayton

1 comment:

Susan said...

You need to write a book. I love reading about your life. Post some pictures of your family and what you looked like as a pimply teenager!