Monday, April 7, 2008

I'm Back

Well, I am back from my mini vacation and it definitely wasn't long enough. One more day would have been perfect. Anyway, I am home and it's back to work. I did miss Scott and the girls and I am glad that they are OK. I tend to worry way too much!

When I was in Williamsburg I stayed at my sister's house. She is a loving, sweet girl and I love her very much, but... she drinks too much. By night time 9-10 PM, she is wasted. Being a recovering alcoholic it is hard to be around her. She repeats herself, slurs, touches too much and feels sorry for herself when she gets to this point. Oh, and very LOUD! The next day she remembers nothing. She sometimes has friends to join her. No wonder her husband sleeps in another room by himself. And, he goes to bed early to get away from her. He has really bad heart problems and needs to take care of himself too. Both of them smoke like chimney's. I quit last October and can't stand to walk into a place that houses smokers. The initial breath of air is staggering. Amazing that I feel this way since I smoked for over 35 years. BTW, I quit while using the Chantix Prescription.

I also went to my childhood home in Newport News to see the old neighborhood. If nothing else, it looks well kept up and maybe a little nicer than I remember. The house I lived in with my parents still had the 4 little scrubs that were planted to represent the four kids in the house. It sure brought back a lot of memories.

I saw my family's grave site, places where I skipped school, my old high school, paths I used to walk, places I would go to drink and hang out. It made me feel somewhat old but not bad. It helped put a perspective on who I am now and who I used to be. I am a much more caring person for sure.

I lived in that area until I graduated high school. My oldest brother passed away the year before I graduated and that was really rough on the family. he was only 21 and was hit by a car when he was chasing his dog across a crowded street. He was one of my best friend as well as a brother. The last thing I had said to him that day was "You got any weed?" I wonder how he would have turned out if he were still alive. Miss you bro!

So now I have a ton of work to do here at home. Scott is at the hospital again and I have already packed things for shipping, went to the post office, grocery store, drug store, dropped off the car, packed a few boxes for storage and dropped them off, took picture for eBay and last but not least, this blog. It is now noon and I have to start selling things on eBay so we can afford to move soon.

Thank you again for those who helped Scott this past week. The apple pie was, and still is, WONDERFUL.

Love and Peace,
Clayton

1 comment:

Angel said...

Glad you're back Clayton..........
I have to tell you that I'm in
awe of you. You would be a great spiritual counselor. I don't think I've met anyone who is so honest with themself as well as others about who they are, who they were and who they wish to be. You have an amazing gift Clayton, don't ever let "life" mess that up for you. The fact that you knew when to say "I need a break" and you actually took one is fascinating and inspiring. Most people would say "I need a break, look at all I've done, blah, blah--but of course no break would come. (they can't be a martyr if they actually took care of their own needs) You are, by far one of the most loving and HONEST person I've ever known. (OOPS, I almost said I've ever MET)
Keep Loving each other!!
Love, Angel