Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wow! I have been busy!!!!

A lot has happened since last I wrote. Scott came home from the hospital on Thursday. A friend picked him up and brought him home since I was working on growing my business and was at an auction that morning. First of all Scott is getting better but he is still weak and tires very easily. I do my best to help but I tend to still raise my voice without the realization that I am doing it. I get busy with too many things at one time and forget that he needs help. I can be so bad some times.

The auction on Thursday was at a storage unit. Once a month the storage people put up the entire contents of units for auction. The units are 3 months in arrears. They cut the lock, you can look inside but not touch and then the auction begins. There was one unit up this month and I won the auction. It was a huge unit with furniture, books, jewelery, clothes, knick-knacks, pictures and more. I paid a couple hundred for it and expect to at least double my investment. It will depend on the jewelery. There are a couple pieces of furniture that are really nice and should sell. A lot of stuff had to be thrown away. One other thing was a big safe. It has a combination lock so I can't open it. Maybe there is a small fortune in it, I hope. Anyway, research on how to get it open is in the works.

So, I have been hauling, sorting and cleaning stuff for 3 days now and only have a few more items left. There is an old microwave that needs cleaning so I will give that away or toss it. If you know someone that can't afford one, let me know. Between all of this and home life I have been in a lot of pain too. My legs just aren't what they used to be and the neuropathy has been making them hurt even more. I only have a few items left in the unit and will clean them out today. Once that is done, back to eBay!

The Past: One or two more stories of me under the age of 13. I played hookie from school one day just for the hell of it. While I was lying in bed and reading the newspaper (my Mom taught me to read the want ads) I came across an audition for the Jolly Jack Clowns. I told my mom that I was feeling better and she should take me to the audition, which she did. I don't remember exactly what I did but the troupe accepted me and I became a clown. I actually got paid for clown gigs in churches and synagogues and such. Thus the beginning of my acting career.

Speaking of Churches. Remember my Mom was a nun in Italy so of course she was catholic. She tried her to raise all of us as catholic but it didn't work for me. I hated church so much that when I was around 8, I locked myself in the bedroom on Sunday and refused to come out. That was the last time she tried to force me to go to church. I did go a couple of times after that over the years (Christmas, Christenings etc) but even skipped out on the holidays most of the time. Organized religion was a big turn off for me. Today, I don't condemn any religions and I feel everyone has the right to worship what they believe. I just don't like it when someone tries to convert me to their side. I have my own beliefs at the moment and am very happy with them. I won't go into much more because it is a private affair. The only other thing about religion I have to mentioned is: Think! If you believe in something, don't be a hypocrite and condemn others for their beliefs! We are all human and we are all equal in the yes of God!

So, off that subject. It is now raining and I have stuff to remove from the unit. Scott is still asleep. Pictures need to be taken and I have to secure the stuff in the basement for the impending flood. At least the dogs went out and did their business before it started. They are divas and hate the rain. There's some thunder, I better log off.

Peace and Love,
Clayton

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey Clayton it's Susan again and I say Amen!

About the blonde I decided to go grey because I'm not going to let society dictate what I need to look like! But whatever makes you happy!