Sunday, March 9, 2008

It is time to unload stuff. If I free up some space in the house it might clear my head some. I truly believe that what one owns reflects upon who they are. I have been giving stuff away on freecycle, trashing things, packing things up for our move and selling on eBay. One look at this place and it is as if things have been multiplying. I swear I haven't bought anything in quite sometime and yet every nook and cranny has something in it. To top it off, this place is dirty. If you know anyone who needs stuff let me know, maybe I have it. I will be sure it is clean before it goes out the house.

How do people do it? Trying to keep the house somewhat clean, taking care of Scott, my job on eBay, cooking, the babies and packing for our move. I can't imagine if I had kids on top of that. I sure do respect the working mom a whole lot these days. I always thought women's minds were a lot different than a mans and know I see they have to be. To put up with everything, they have to have a different level of patience and understanding than men. Men tend to take things for granted. Stuff like clean socks and underwear magically appear every so often. There is always enough food & soda in the house. Do men wonder how the dogs fill up their own water bowls everyday? My hat is off to all the women out there who are married with or without kids.

Today looks like it might be a good day for Scott. I don't hearing him screaming in pain. He isn't using his "I'm sick" voice and he seems a little happier. I hope he feels good all day, he needs a break. The treatment plan he is on is brutal and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. (Except maybe one person who I truly can't stand - and he wouldn't be reading this so don't get paranoid and think it is you). It is almost like being tortured on purpose. At least we know what the end result will be and that he will be over in a matter of months.

So today is another day to rejoice life. Another day to spread some love and another day to feel. My praise today is to all women. Without you, there would be no HUMAN race.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clayton,

Glad you and Scott liked the Irish Cookies.
Take care of yourself

Cathy

Anonymous said...

In case we haven't mentioned it, we're glad you guys are here.

John and Elizabeth

Sharon Lynn said...

I am catching up on your blog. I have been very busy these last 3 months weeding out, packing up, cleaning in order to be able to sell our house and move.

It is amazing the amount of "stuff" we accumulate but at the time we got it it seemed so necessary and important. However, you are so right that LOVE is the MOST important thing of all esp. the agape/unconditional kind.

Yes, women and men are different. We are almost always multitasking without realizing it in order to keep things done. We, also, feel differently about things. I would say that women tend to be more emotionallly driven and men don't understand that or that is how it seems with my husband & I...

I am so glad that you have Scott and he has you. You are a nice complement to each other.

I want to tell you that i have you on my church's prayer list. I pray for both of you every time I think of you.

Katy said...

You need to give yourself more credit...I can multitask, but I'm enjoying that my little girl is beginning to take care of herself (I don't know that dogs will ever figure out how to use Clorox wipes... :P).

You are a wonderful person who is being a wonderful companion to someone he loves!!