Saturday, March 22, 2008

Pain, Pain, Pain

The past couple of days have been filled with pain. Scott is on the shot treatment and it really hurts him a lot. He can barely move without screaming out. I wish there was something I could do to ease his suffering. It's hard enough to maintain my own composure. It gets really easy for me to get into a bad mood. I get so angry at the disease. The only control I have is my attitude and sometimes that stinks too.

I was born in Washington, DC in 1957. My mother was a nun in Italy when she met my father who was overseas during WWII. My grandmother was a single mom who wasn't married and had left Italy and came to America. My mother decided to marry my dad and arrived in New York in 1950. She gave up her habit and never looked back.

My parents gave birth to 2 brothers before having me. They then divorced when I was 8 months old. My mother married my stepfather right after the divorce. They had been seeing each other on the side for awhile previously. My Step father was divorced from his first wife the same year. He had 3 kids already who lived with his ex-wife. My mother and he had a daughter a couple of years later. Hence, my sister.

My real father also remarried and had another son. I have no idea where he is today. My real dad died when I was 18 and I had only met him once.

So I was raised in a very dysfunctional family from the get go. That is part one of my life. More to come later.

Today: More pain. My legs are hurting, my back hurts and watching Scott in more pain hurts. Still, there is work to be done and sitting around complaining only makes it worse. I would prefer to keep my mind occupied with something other than a TV.

I've been packing more stuff up and cleaning as I go. I've been cooking healthy foods and eating welL. Thanks to All of you!

Awesome Recipe: Carrot & Avocado Soup

2 cups carrot juice
1 peeled avocado cut into chunks
1 pinch sea salt
3/4 cup cilantro (fresh - leaves, no stems)
1 teaspoon olive oil
diced ginger (small piece)
2 green onions chopped

Mix in blender and serve cold. - To kill for!

eat well, stay healthy and maintain a cool attitude. LOL

Love to all,

Clayton

No comments: