Monday, March 3, 2008

Some Days

Some days you just want to scream at the top of your lungs - STOP. Mondays are not the best days for me since my first errand is having to go to the post office to ship out items sold on eBay. This morning Scott woke up around 6:30AM in a lot of pain. He has been moaning and groaning for hours and there isn't anything I can do to help. He had a bank errand that needed to be done today or else creditor's would hunt us done and suck our blood. Even though he had such pain, I drove him to the bank. It's a horrible feeling not being able to help take away the pain. All I can do is be supportive and wait on him until it subsides again.

Living with something like this can be very stressful. Yesterday I got of the house for 2 hours to be in a student film. It's a short movie for some guy's college class and he is going to give me a free pdf file for being in the film. Sounds like a good deal to me and it got me out of the house. Unfortunately, I missed a seeing a good friend who came by to give us some soup and stuff. While I was out, my mind would jump back and forth from what I was doing - to wondering if Scott was okay. Even though he was having a good day yesterday, that could change at any minute with the meds he is on.

Our friends have been so supportive. We have lots of fresh fruits and vegetables for the week and a wonderful cherry pie! Because of all the support, I can do more work at home trying to get our bills paid, spend more time helping Scott and packing for our late spring move. I just want to squeeze everyone with big hugs for all the food!

I have to admit when things get rough, I want to just crawl into bed and curl up into a ball. It would be so much easier but wouldn't accomplish anything but self pity. The one thing I tell myself over and over again is that somewhere, someone has it a lot worse off than we do.

In the meantime, I can't say thank you enough to all of you for your support. I'm probably sounding like a broken record.

Today, right now, I am going to make today a better day. Slap my mind silly and think positively. To all of you... smile for the sun and brighten your day with pleasant thoughts.

Clayton

3 comments:

Angel said...

Good Morning Clayton and Scott,

Yeah for Cherry Pie! You have some great friends. I'l glad to see that I haven't been emailing a Yorkie, that is a great photo of you. Lots of Love
Angel

Anonymous said...

Bless you for taking on the role of caregiver, Clayton. My sister did it for my parents and my brother did it for his partner. It takes a special kind of angel to provide the support Scott is going to need. I thank God every day that he has you.

xxoo,
Barbara

Katy said...

Clayton,

I am Scott's SIL (I'm married to his little brother, Dan). You sound like a very good person, and we are grateful that you are taking care of Scott (to be honest, we had no idea he was even sick).

Even though, I've only ever talked to Scott a handful of times, he's always been very sweet to me...so please take care of him (not that I think you wouldn't ;)!)!!