Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Life is Amazing

I have to say that Life is Amazing. One minute you hate the world and the next you love everything. Emotions are more intense as you get older. When I was younger, I would get mad, glad, happy, pissed etc etc. Now I get Steaming Mad, Gloriously Happy, Tearfully Upset and so on. When life hits you with a reality check for the umpteenth time, it finally starts to sink in.

I have never really been afraid to die and I still am not afraid. The only part that makes me the least bit nervous is the HOW. My step fathers dad just passed in his sleep the other day. He was 100. He was also a very nasty, selfish man that most of his family could not stand. He didn't realize how lucky he was to go so painlessly and that he still had people in his life that cared. That is the ultimate way to die, in your sleep. Just a thought.

Off that subject now! Today I am excited that Scott has set up appointments to go look at some new houses. It feels like we are making a step in getting out of here. Although he is in pain, he still wants to do it. Now that is commitment! Or is it Boredom? Either way, I am proud of him for not sitting around and feeling sorry for himself.

We have been getting some food donations from people and it has been awesome. I won't mention names, but the apple pie was to die for. I am really impressed with these ginger fruit thingys. The soups are great in the afternoon for lunches. The fruits make great smoothies. The veggies are rich in vitamins. And the tulips are beautiful! When Scott is well and we are moved, we are inviting all of you to dinner. Probably not all at once, but a few at a time. I have learned to cook some amazing dishes through all of this.

The emails have kept me in good spirits too. Some of you are just too eloquent and should be published. Your words of encouragement and insight are amazing. The friendships have become much stronger and I no longer feel like I am alone. (Other than Scott)

In upcoming blogs, I am going to start writing about my family life and about who I used to be. What made me, me and the turning points in my life. I'll also continue to keep everyone updated on our day to day. Some of you need to start your own blog too. I read about you in your emails but I would love to read about you in your blogs. If you need help setting one up, call me. I'll send you my phone number in an email if you don't have it. It's really simple to do.

I want to hear about everyone. Your joys, your pains, your accomplishments. So, send me the link to your blog, even if you think I already have it.

Scott is watching "Moulin Rouge" at the moment and is gearing up for the trip outside. You are awesome dude!

The bank said they will see what they can do about the problems we had. They are supposed to call later. Big corporations - Yuk!

Peace,

Clayton

No comments: