Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

Hooray for the nice weather! I was so elated yesterday that I cleaned the front porch off, raked up a bunch of leaves and emptied some boxes. The patio furniture is now in the front lawn for anyone who wants to take it away. It is vintage stuff and could be cleaned up really nicely. Yesterday morning was trash day and I have already refilled the empty cans.

I have also been packing up this house. Everyday I fill a box or two and to my amazement it doesn't look like anything is actually gone. I think our stuff is giving birth to more stuff. We even got in the mail the other day two sets of fish salt and pepper shakers from a cigarette company. We didn't order them, they just sent them. I think there is a conspiracy going on and now the big companies are in on it and trying to rid themselves of stuff by sending it to us. Everyone knows we have a hard time getting rid of stuff. Not anymore!

It looks like it's going to be another nice day today too. I plan to do more work outside and Scott has to go to treatment again at the hospital. He is handling this second course of chemo a lot better than the first one. He does get sick and has nose bleeds but overall, a little better than before. I try to keep him busy with going through his stuff while he is in bed. He tires so quickly.

It seems the landlord cashed our rent checks too early and it bounced (we even wrote her a note telling her it would bounce if cashed before a certain date). Scott made a special trip to bring her the payment in cash and she took it without telling him that she had already gotten the cash from the bank from the first check. Now about 10 more checks have bounced and the fees are astronomically high. The landlord just said...oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know. I'm certain she was trying to take advantage of Scott. She's a slumlord and I can't wait to not have to deal with her anymore. I am bringing Scott to the bank on Tuesday and plead with them about the fees.

I just got a lighting studio for my pictures of the things I sell on eBay. What a difference it makes. Scott gave it to me on Valentines and it arrived 2 days ago. The pictures are coming out 10 times better than before and should help with selling the items. So now I have to list some more CD's and stuff. Business is getting better. My eBay name, if you're interested in looking, is CLAYTON - Remember if you buy something from me, you can pick it up and save on shipping. LOL

One last thing before I go back to work:

We are still very grateful to everyone who has and are bringing us food. Without all of you, life would be miserable. Thank you to all who have given or are giving rides to Scott to and from the hospital. Thank you to all of you who send emails with good wishes and prayers. Thank you to all who visit to brighten up our lives.

My thought for the day: Call someone you haven't talked to in a while just to say hello.

Peace,
Clayton

No comments: